Pages

Saturday, 1 August 2026

Effect of a prolonged aggression

Just a quick thought about US attack on Iran. A prolonged aggression against Iran will cause a closure of the Strait of Hormuz. Consequently, this could send crude oil to $ 130 a barrel, revive inflaction and force central banks to raise interests rates despite slowing economic growth.

In the meanwhile, on the climate front, the weather is too hot on the 1st of August here down on 42nd parallel. Unfortunately,  the humidity level is high too.

I've noticed a fast reproduction of algae. Hot weather causes algae to rapidly multiply because warm water, high sunlight and stagnant conditions create ideal growth speeds.


Have a lovely month of August 🌻☀🍉⛵

14 comments:

  1. I wonder is it too hot for people to even go to the beach, I would expect all those lounge chairs to be occupied! On the first of August in my part of the world, it is too hot and smoky! I hope your August is filled with what brings you joy and makes you smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alexandra.
      The photo of those lounge chairs was taken early this morning, that's why people weren't there🌝
      Have a great August 🍹☀️🌻

      Delete
  2. ...yes, on a happier note, I wish you an Awesome August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Giorgio... sei al mare, ti diverti... io mi cucino nella mia Lubiana, di nuovo 38 gradi... pazzesco e infernale :))
    Ciao e un bacetto, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andreja,
      I would have never thought of 38° hot weather in your country.
      When I visited Maribor the climate was not too hot and not too cold.
      I hope you'll a lovely August 🍸☀️🌻
      Kisses,
      Giorgio

      Delete
  4. Hi Giorgio!
    My friend, speaking of the weather, I'm finally having my second African heatwave. I'm happy because—I'm serious—I love this kind of weather! I wish Poland didn't have winter with snow and frost, and autumn! I love summer with its high temperatures, sun, colors, and blue skies!!! I truly feel my best then.
    Giorgio, greetings to you! I wish you a pleasant Saturday afternoon and Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anna. I also like Summer's sun and colours. I am just having touble with high level of humidity.
      Have a great Sunday ☀️

      Delete
  5. The world is changing in so many ways. It's hard to keep track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true. I hope it is not too late.

      Delete
  6. Through the ages greed and power has destroyed civilizations and we are seeing it now in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The price of petrol/diesel has gone up down here. It's been predicted that we in Australia will have rather hot prolonged summer, but that could change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price of gasoline has increased sharply since February in the EU. I'm afraid it will continue to rise.

      Delete
  8. El cambio climático, es lo que tenemos hoy.
    Feliz agosto, Giorgio.

    ReplyDelete