Pages

Saturday, 29 August 2026

One of the seven wonders of the world

In the 3rd century BC Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huanh connected the existing walls into a single defense system. The construction of the Great Wall of China continued over 2,000 years, and the best-preserved section were built during the Ming Dynasty.

According to a Swiss-based initiative, the New7Wonders Foundation, the Great wall of China is one of the seven wonders of the world. 


I am pleased to hear the Colosseum in Rome, Italy, is also recognized as one of the seven wonders of the world.


The pictures of the Great Wall of China were taken this month by my daughters, who are still there in East Asia. 

Regarding the Colosseum, I took the picture in 2024 while we were having dinner in a Rome's restaurant.

This is the last weekend of August. I hope you'll enjoy it 🍉☀🌻

18 comments:

  1. buon sabato Giorgio.Ti aspeto nel mio blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just visit your blog, Olga. And I've read your post about Ratko Mladić. Unfortunately, It is not easy to understant how to write comments. Actually, you have noticed that other bloggers haven't left any coomment on your blog since Wednesday, the 26th August.

      Delete
  2. Your daughters' photos and your photo are wonderful! Your daughters and you are very fortunate to have seen these sights. Enjoy your weekend! I look forward to what you will share with us in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation, Alexandra. I hope you'll have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. 3 wonderful photos. Must be a good feeling to have seen these great things. Take care Giorgio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giorgio, molto bello, mi manca il traduttore sul tuo sito :))
    Ti auguro un bel sabato, bacio, Andreja!
    Oh, tu sei dell'Ariete e siamo abbastanza vicini... io sono Pesci (27.2.1966)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, as the great flexibility and gentleness of Pisces often manage to soften and balance the character of Aries.
      Have a lovely weekend 🍹☀🌻

      Delete
  5. ...the Great Wall of China built over 2,000 years ago and our supreme leaders is building one. And the Colosseum was finished in 80 AD and our supreme leader is building crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Tom. Future generations will remember that idiot only for his awful wall between Arizona and Mexico

      Delete
  6. Hi Giorgio!!!
    My good friend, when I was thinking about tourism, I came to the conclusion that, unfortunately, it's a human impossibility to visit the entire world. Where did I get these thoughts? Because we wouldn't be able to stand on every meter of the earth... In my opinion, even someone who has visited every country in the world several times can't say they've seen the whole world :(
    Giorgio, I wish you a pleasant Saturday and Sunday :)
    P.S.
    I'm about to start reading a book about India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a book about India! It sounds interesting.
      I'm reading a book about an American genocide: "The US and the California Indian catastrophe, 1846-1873", written by Benjamin Madley.

      Have a lovey weekend, dear Anna.
      Greetings,
      G.

      Delete

  7. Great photo, Giorgio. Whenever I'm in Rome, I always go to the Colosseum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bellas fotos Me gustaria conocer Roma. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola, Giorgio.
    Solo conozco el Coliseo.
    ¿Conoces el Acueducto de Segovia? Es una maravilla del mundo.
    Te invito a mi espacio también que estoy de celebración.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marisa,
      a few months ago I saw the Aqueduct of Segovia on Veronica's blog. I'd like to visit that Spanish town and its wonderful landmark. I'll plan to go there maybe next year.
      Greetings,
      G.

      Delete
  10. I have seen many things in this world. Sadly, neither the Great Wall nor the Coliseum are among them. Thanks for featuring them here, Giorgio.

    ReplyDelete