Sunday 27 September 2020

Population may increase in old villages

From 17th to 22nd September I spent four days in Central Italy's old villages. While I was visiting those beautiful places in Tuscany, I was delighted to see economy wasn't hit enough by the epidemic crisis. The two distinctive local products, wine and olive oil, have been shipped abroad, and many tourists, mainly from Norther Italy and Germany, have been gathering the beautiful alleys and the museums, that exihibit large collections of Etruscan findings. Obviously, people have been observing social distancing rules strictly.


Some old villages in Tuscany are perched at cliff of the rock, and divided in narrow alleys and small squares. Their old urbanistic system clearly represents the medieval structure. Each alley hides other curiosities and bears witness to the importance of those small towns in ancient times. Underground passages and rooms, carved into the heart of the rock, had been used in medieval time as cereal container, wells and wine cellars.

 


The good news is that since the pandemic began, early this year, many people who work and live there, such as grocery clercks, B&B owners and supermarket cashiers, haven't lost their job. It seems that most workers, who continue to work from home two or three days a week, have choosen to leave Rome and other big towns. It's easy to forecast real estate's price will increase in those old villages.  

13 comments:

  1. Such nice photographs!I particularly like the photo with the archway. It's good to hear that in spite of the pandemic that people did not lose jobs and that olive oil and wine are still being sent out to be enjoyed. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear your kind words. I hope everything is okay in your country too.
      Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. This place is so beautiful!
    Yes, mas last name is from Italy!

    xoxo.
    Cores do VĂ­cio

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...being a fan of architecture, I find these buildings to be a treat. Thanks for sharing them and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visiting your blog is my pleasure.
      I am Glad to hear you're interested in my country's buildings. Actually, that architecture style is typical of Central Italy.

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful view of this corner of the old village in Italy.
    I was impressed by the alleyway that looked instagramble.

    Thank you for introducing this charming location, Giorgio.
    Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been honoured to share those images of my country among the members of our great blogging community.
      It's great to hear you were interested in those environs. So, if you were to visit my country, you wouldn't forget those old villages in central Italy :-)))

      Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words!

      Delete
    2. Your welcome, Giorgio.
      I saying thank you for your friendly welcome and also pleased to stop by on my blog.

      It's great to get to know the many sights from different regions of Italy.
      Saluti di amicizia.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Giorgio and thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to see that some small villages are surviving the impact of the economical crisis...
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful Italian village places like Tuscany.
    I like to see the aisles of the street vendors.
    Even though they are in an epidemic crisis situation, the main products of local villages such as angir and olive oil can still be exported abroad. Truly a village that has the potential for natural wealth and has beautiful tourism to attract foreign tourists.
    Have a nice day
    Regards from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you visited and enjoyed my post about Old Italian villages. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)
      Unfortunately, the second Covid19 wave is still here. On the other hand, we can see that, since the second quarter 2020, unemployment has been increasing less than espected ... many EU partners and some East Asian countries, such as China and Japan, are still buying Italian products.

      Best wishes :-)

      Delete