Saturday 5 November 2022

Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland)

 


A dear friend of mine, Luigi (that's his name), has just sent me this picture, which he made with his drone. The aerial image shows the "Altare della Patria" (Altar of the Fatherland) and its majesty. It's one of the main Rome's landmarks.  
This large national monument, which was built about 100 years ago to honour the first  king of a unified Italy,  can be reached easily in few minutes on foot or using public transport.

The picture above also shows another important Rome's monument, the Coliseum, with its yellow lights.  

Nice Sunday to all the blogging community!

18 comments:

  1. ...Rome must be a fabulous city to visit. This drone image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I always see many tourists who visit Rome and its monuments.

      Delete
  2. This is such a superb aerial photo of this beautiful landmark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      My friend, Luigi, really made a great job. It seems he was able to find the good conditions for making photo (right light, without foggy, there weren't many cars, etc.)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Giorgio I send my congratulations to your Friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I'll tell him about your apreciation :-)

      Delete
  4. Rome is a very beautiful city! It's great that people save all monuments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Irina! Saving monuments' country is very important.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the picture of Rome, Olga.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I was born in Naples, but I also like Rome and its surroundings, due to the fact that I have been living here since 1991.

      Great to hear your appreciation, Daniele!

      Delete
  7. An amazing image. I am glad Luigi shared it with you and now with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luigi sometimes sends me his pictures. He really is a dear friend! ... Looking forward to watching his pictures again and again.

      Delete
  8. Bellas imagenes, te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great architecture.... excellent shot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanza ... my dear friend, Luigi, who made the drone image, is so skilled.

      Delete