Friday 2 December 2022

Farmland in late Autumn

Just a few pictures of the hills that I saw yesterday while I was driving through the countryside. The owner of the farm (picture below) sells olive oil and veggies. I sometimes buy fruits and veggies that hasn't been shipped from other  continents.


I noticed that farmland shows its unusual brown and beige earthy colours in late Autumn, as it is systematic used to produced food for humans.

Some blogging friends, who live in Canada and North-East USA, are already showing, on their blogs, their environs covered with the first snow. Here, on the 42° parallel and close to the Mediterranean Sea, it is not the case. Probably we will see our environs covered with snow in early winter.


Meanwhile, Christmas decoretions are already along squares and streets.


On the Ukraine-Russia front, I am sorry to hear that the Russian government is ready for negotiations, but there's the USA's refusal to recognise new territories.  This shows that Ukraine government doesn't decide anything in terms of peace agreement. It's so sad! Poor Ukrainian people are suffering while their government isn't allowed to make any choice in terms of negotiations. Actually, other world powers, which are not directly involved in this war, will choose the terms of the peace agreement.
For instance, in my opinion Russians could leave some seized territories in East and South Ukraine if Ukrainians were not to join NATO. This is my thought that could be one of the terms of the negotiation table. 
The good news is that the USA's president would be ready to meet the Russian leader. 

24 comments:

  1. I read that Russians are taking out the chips from retail fridges to put in their own tanks. That is how things have become over there. Scary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) :-) :-) you made me laugh!

      Actually, I've heard that an international campaign will be held to curb Russia’s ability to finance its war against Ukraine through energy sales.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the farmland.
    We too have a lot of Christmas displays; I like to see them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the appreciation, Jan :-)
      looking forward to watching Christmas decoretions in Britain through your blog.

      Delete
  3. Love the photos of the farmland, Giorgio.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A two-tone post: a joyful and beautiful one of those places you went to, and the other dark and sad of an international reality that doesn't seem to put "it's head in place" and seek peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Daniele, unfortunately! ... it's so sad to hear about Ukrainians' struggle while people who live in other countries are watching the 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup or are making their outdoor Christmas decoretions.

      Delete
  5. Hi Giorgio! You let me refer to one photo that you posted. I will do because it’s thematically related to information from my city from the last days.
    My city had a Christmas market for several years. It wasn't organized only during the pandemic. A few weeks ago, the city government published information about the Christmas market, that it will be held. Information 2 days ago: the fair will not take place because the city needs to save money....
    Giorgio I salute you and I wish you a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Anna!

      I know Christmas markets have been held in many Poland's cities. Some friends of mine enjoyed them before the Covid-19 epidemic. Sorry to hear it will not take place in your city. But I can't understand why, considering that many Polish people are waiting for Christmas market with aim of selling and buying some unusual items.

      Please, let me know other info about this topic, Anna.
      Have a nice Sunday :-)

      Delete
  6. Russia will never abandon the inhabitants of Donbass, Zaporozhye and Kherson. We cannot betray them. Who forbid Poroshenko and Zelensky to stop terrorizing Donbass? Ukraine started this war back in 2014. The residents voted in a referendum on joining Russia. We have NOT seized any territory.

    It is Poland, Hungary and Romania who dream of taking over parts of Ukraine. Why don't you write anything about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't write anything about the topic you have just mentioned due to the fact that I have no evidence. If I were you, I wouldn't write such things. How can you say that Hungary's president, Orban, would like to take over parts of Western Ukraine? ... Maybe you are parroting some Russian propaganda's contents. I know that Russian president, Putin, several times said that Poland government would like to get a port along the shores of the Black Sea. This made me laugh, as I think it is not true. There isn't any evidence!

      If I were not to have any proof about a specific topic, I wouldn't write anything.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  8. Lindas tierras , Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so beautiful there. My Niece and her boyfriend will be in Italy in March. As you know I don't get snow here on the coast but the higher elevation are getting 4 to 6 feet today. Have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear your niece and her boyfriend will visit my country in March :-) ... please, let me know which Italy's towns they've planned to visit.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful, fertile country. A farmer's dream I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this corner of Central Italy there are also many rivers, which are useful for farmers.

      Delete
    2. Bellissimo paesaggio!Speriamo che Biden incontri Putin.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the appreciation about Central Italy's countryside! :-)

      With regards to the meeting you mentioned, I do hope world's leaders will bring this war to an end soon.

      Delete
  11. love warmer places like Italy or Spain.... plenty of time to stay outdoor ... Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are places in Italy and Spain where the weather is snowy from December to March (like the Alps, the Apennines, and the Pyrenees).
      Thank you for the appreciation about my country :-)
      Have a nice week!

      Delete