Monday 15 May 2023

Rainy week

Another rainy week in Central and South Italy. There are blue flags in Naples streets as Naples' soccer team has just won its third title. 

The picture below shows, Allumiere, a small village located in the hill (85 km North from Rome). It is known for its cathedral, ancient ruins and geologic formation.
I hope you had a nice Mother's Day yesterday ... I know that this year  Mother's Day was celebrated on Sunday, May 14, in many countries, including the US. 
My sister made a cake covered with cream and strawberries for our mother. Strawberries on top were small but very sweet and delicious.

I will be back from Naples later this week. 
Have a nice week ☁️⛅☁️

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am happy to see you back blogging, Olga!
      Thank you :-) Have a nice week!

      Delete
  2. ...rain makes things nice and green and I enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous travel journal here. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Giorgio! Your sister made very delicious cake! I like it! In Russia we celebrate the Mother's Day on the last Sunday in November. My Mamma passed away 22 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the appreciation, Irina!

      Delete
  5. Hi Giorgio!
    I talk about the weather in Poland the aura is similar....
    My good friend I salute you and I wish you a good Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a nice week ahead of you, Anna :-)

      Delete
  6. Espero que hayan tenido un genial día de la madre. El pastel se ve rico. Linda colina te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to read your comment :-) thanks for that!

      Delete
  7. rain, but photos look pretty...
    Have an enjoy trip

    ReplyDelete
  8. It rains a lot especially in Emilia Romagna where the situation is particularly critical due to the flooding of the river Savio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the flooding in Emilia Romagna. The good news is that there aren't any injured people.

      Delete
  9. I am trying to figure out the connection with Aer Lingus, the Irish air carrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my previous post I mentioned Ireland, as two weeks ago I spent a few day in Dublin and its surroundings. The weather was cloudy there, and after I had come back from Dublin I saw the same weather conditions as I saw in Ireland.
      That's the connection: clouds and rains in Ireland and clouds and rains in Italy.

      Now the weather is still cloudy and rainy in Italy. this week heavy rains caused intense floods in Northern Italy.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos especially the shot of Allumiere.
    The cake your sister made is lovely.

    Happy Tuesday, Giorgio

    ReplyDelete