Monday 1 May 2023

Malahide castle, village and gargen

 

I'm back! Hello everyone! So here I am, returning to blogging. As requested by Veronica  I show some pictures which I made in Ireland last week. The first two images were taken in Malahide, a coastal settlement situated 14 Kilometres North of Dublin, with a population of over 17,000. Its name in Irish language is Mullach Ide.


There are a lot of public transport options avalilable to get you to Malahide castle, which lies close to the village of Malahide.  

The touristic port situated in Malahide has more than 300 fully serviced berths and can also accomodate vessels up to 30 metres with space for manoevring.
Back to Dublin we went to St. James Gate, which was the Western entrance to the Irish capital during the middle ages. It is located off the South quays of Dublin.

While I was visiting the Guiness storehouse in Dublin I reached the seventh floor of such tourist attraction, where I enjoyed a view of the Irish capital. 

At St. James Gate there are seven floors of sights and sensations in a building that has been brewing beer since 1700s.


Dubliners are friendly and they use "you're welcome" and "thank you" often. That's why the Iish capital has repeatedly been named one of the friendliest town in Europe. I enjoyed both Dublin's cultural heritage and Ireland's typical food.


With regards to food, last week I had twice the traditional Irish lamb stew. That delicious supper is made with both dark Irish beer and sweet potatoes.


And last but not least, we had awesome fish and chips with daily catch fish. I think the fish was North Atlantic codling. 

I've learnt that Ireland has never sought to join as a full NATO member because of its policy of neutrality. But if the United Nations where to issue a mandate to Ireland, the Irish military would deploy on peacekeping and humanitarian missions.
Today is the 1st of May.  In Italy this month begins with a public holiday which is known as
International workers' day. Happy 1st of May to all the blogging friends!

13 comments:

  1. Hello, Giorgio! Happy May Day! Today we celebrate the Day of Peace, Spring and Labour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irina :-) Enjoy the 1st of May's celebration!

      Delete
  2. ...and a Happy May Day to Giorgio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Giorgio!
    Very beautiful pictures!!! I see that the weather went well too. That's great! I hope the trip was nice.
    Giorgio I have been to different countries, but in Ireland I haven’t been. I on Friday was on a trip too. I, for the start of spring, visited my beloved Cracow. I was in places that I discovered a few days earlier! I will write about the first of them in a few days.
    My friend I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Anna!
      The weather was sunny enough in Ireland and we had a lovely time while we were visiting Dublin and Malahide. As I mentioned above, Irish people are very kind.
      I look forward to seeing your report about Cracow.
      Have a nice week, my dear friend :-)

      Delete
  4. WOW! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos as requested, Giorgio.
    I have always wanted to visit Dublin.
    Looks like you had a wonderful trip.
    Great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Veronica! Glad to see you enjoyed my post about Dublin. I noticed that small villages in Ireland are as interesting as the Irish capital. There is always something to visit in smaller villages, such as historical castles, typical residential buildings and archeological sites.
      Have a nice week ahead of you, Veronica :-)

      Delete
  5. Ireland is amazing, more than I could imagine. Ireland but not its food 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Ireland and Irish people are amazing!

      Delete
  6. An excellent place to visit one day.
    Thank you for sharing beautiful photos and descriptions

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a very enjoyable visit to Ireland.
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    Wishing you a happy month of May.
    Earlier today we were watching the coronation of King Charles III, an amazing ceremony and day.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete