Friday 6 October 2023

How food has gone up

I have been out of blogging since late September. Naples (South Italy) and its West surroundings are experiencing an earthquake almost every 48 hours. There are 24 craters located to the West of Naples, most of them are under the sea water and on the Island of Ischia. I am worried because the risk of eruption may increase, and my mother and my two sisters live there in Naples.

As request by Nicole (through her post published on September 18th), I have taken some pictures that show how food's price has increased in Italy.

 

As it is known, since early 2022 purchasig power has been decreasing sharply also in EU contries too. 

The above picture shows walnuts € 5.99 per kilo (shipped from Chile 🤨) and chestnuts € 7.99 per kilo ❗

I hope my pictures can explain how much have fruit and veggies' prices gone up: people are buying the green lemons above € 5.99 per kilo.

Not to mention of rising prices of oil, gas and building materials used in construction, such as bricks, concrete, cupper, tiles and wood.

This morning I saw two sailing ships in the harbour ... if oil and gas prices were to rise again and again, we would see more vessels propelled by the wind 😃 LOL


It seems the seagull is waiting for lunch, considering that the grocery store and the fishmonger are there.

Have a nice weekend!

23 comments:

  1. ...on a happier note, yesterday I read an article that engery prices are expected to go down. We will have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giorgio...
    I talk about the earthquake and tremors, I heard and read.
    I read that in Naples in the hospital there was an evacuation drill....
    This is very sad information. I hope that bad things will not happen....
    There are no earthquakes in Poland, but I have had 3 times flooding and 3 times water in the house....
    Giorgio, my friend, I talk about bad economic situation, in Poland it’s similar... The prices of basic products go up every day... Electricity, gas, water... the fees are very high. Fuel, too. Loans have high interest rates. In addition, the spring and summer were bad for farmers. People are living worse and worse.
    My friend, I fear what will happen to Europe, because the problems are in a large part of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anna,
      High rate of inflaction has been affecting our lives since early 2022. That's why the degree of wealth and material comfort available to many Europeans has been decreasing.

      Delete
  3. Your pears are certainly expensive. It is only about 1 Euro per kg here. Then chestnuts are certainly way cheaper than ours about 12 Euro per kg here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never thought of chestnuts € 12 per kg!

      Delete
  4. Stay safe and your family, I think that food is expensive everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Purchase power has been decreasing around the world!|

      Delete
  5. Hello, dear Giorgio! I am so sorry! Take care of yourself, your Mom and both sisters. Stay healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. En mi país que está en Latino América también todo esto muy caro. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that wages are not rising as well.

      Delete
  7. There are a lot of problems with food lately

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Giorgio
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
    Food prices here in the UK have also gone up, and up.
    Many are finding it difficult to manage and are having to rely on food banks https://www.trusselltrust.org/what-we-do/

    Our energy prices have recently gone down by a very small amount, but there is already talk about them going up and again next year.!
    It seems worldwide we are all experiencing cost of living increases.

    I do hope your family will keep safe, it is concerning for you.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images. Prices increase even after the Meloni's law because nobody is obliged to accept that limit. Supermarkets decide if fixing that limit for all the products that the law is about or only some of them but they can decide to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Το κόστος ζωής ανεβαίνει δραματικά παντού, εάν ήθελαν οι κυβερνήσεις θα μπορούσαν να είχαν κάνει κάτι για αυτή την αισχροκέρδεια

    ReplyDelete
  12. foods price has been increased in our areas as well ..... but, gasoline is little bit decreasing....

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Food prices are increasing in my corner of the world too.
    Beautiful photos, Giorgio.

    ReplyDelete