Thursday 1 August 2024

B&B Fontana Vecchia, Castellana Grotte

There are some hidden gems along the South Italy's countryside. Many lovely places in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea gives the opportunity to enjoy a slower pace of life.  

The property were I have been staying since 29th of July is located between two small cities, Alberobello and Castellana Grotte. Many old typical farmers's buildings, which are still in this corner of South Italy, can be enjoyed by tourists who came mainly from France and Germany.


 "Trullo", That's the Italian name of these traditional dry stone huts.

There are many chacteristic narrow alleys to be walked.


I also enjoyed old big cobblestones along those alleys, where I haven't heard any noise and haven't seen any car.


Glad to see that people who live in this beautiful corner of South Italy are aware about the importance of renewable energy. They have installed photovoltaic and solar panels close to their old buildings. Obviously, panels have to be hidden from the view. 

Have a nice month of August ☀️🍅🍑🍇

28 comments:

  1. Belle foto,grazie per avermi fatto conoscere un pezzo d'Italia che non conosco!Buon agosto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a peaceful corner of our peninsula.

      Delete
  2. Hi Giorgio.
    Very nice pictures :)
    I'm wondering, how could I, in one sentence, describe these photos? I think: peace and harmony. Unfortunately, in the bigger ones (even I don't say big ones!) time runs frighteningly fast!
    My friend, I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, my dear friend: peace and harmony! We sometimes need a slower pace of life.

      Delete
  3. Es un bello lugar, te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you!
      Kisses from South Italy 🇮🇪

      Delete
  4. ...this is a beautiful spot, but where are the local people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :-) ... I'll show them in my next post.

      Delete
  5. Fascinating photos! Italy is a beautiful country! Buon agosto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've ben in Alberobello and visited le grotte di Castellana. Two lovely places

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be beautiful there. The pictures alone exude calm.
    I wish you a nice evening

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dal 1 agosto non riesco ad aprire YouTube. Tutti i video sono bloccati. Temo che anche Blogger possa essere bloccato in modo che i residenti in Russia non abbiano i propri blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will not happen. If Blogger were blocked in your country, you would contact me through email.
      Let me know other information about this problem.

      Delete
    2. I've read on the Internet that it was just a system glitch. But YouTube hasn't been working for 4 days, videos don't open.

      Delete
    3. Okay, Irina. That means it will be not blocked.

      Delete
  9. Staying between Alberobello and Castellana Grotte sounds amazing. Love the charming Trullo huts and peaceful alleys.
    It's great to see the locals embracing renewable energy while preserving the traditional look.

    Thanks for sharing, and have a fantastic August, GIorgio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Te mando un beso y te deseo una genial semana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a spot where we could all happily spend a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed that peaceful place. On the night foxes went to drink the water of the pool and in the afternoon swallows had a quick bath in the same place.

      Delete
  12. Love those dry stone huts. I like how they have preserved the place and made it tourist friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that corner of South Italy is ranked as one of the friendliest places to travellers.
      Thank you for sharing your point of view :-)

      Delete