Saturday 27 January 2024

Train from Naples to Rome


I've just come back from a week in Naples (200 km South from Rome).
 
On 8th January I showed a picture of Rome's main railway station on my blog, as I had just travelled by train for job. After I had seen the comments I noticed that our blogging friend from NY State, Tom ,  was interested in modern trains. That's why I show, once again, some photos of trains which I took in the last few weeks.

The journey by train from Naples to Rome usually takes one hour and 37 minutes, but it can take just 59 minutes on the fastest service.



The train shown in the above picture is 200 metres long. It  boasts 462 seats, distributed on 11 carriages, and travels on Italy's high-speed network at up to 300 km/h.



Slow train, as shown in the picture below, may refer to a regional rail service (I took the photo at Civitavecchia railway station).

The picture below also shows slow trains at Tara Street's railway station, in Dublin (Ireland).

The following picture has nothing to do with trains. It's a tall ship above of the Italian Navy, which is named after the explorer Amerigo Vespucci.  It was launched on 22nd February 1931.


Its main activity is training campaigns for naval academy cadets, who can learn the basic rules about seamanship and navigation. I didn't took the picture of the ship. It's a photo courtesy of  Luigi, a friend of mine.

Have a nice weekend πŸ”†  
     πŸš‚πŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒ 

18 comments:

  1. ...in our part of the country, train primarily move freight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The transport of goods from one location to another by railways is cost-efficient and eco-friendly. Railways use 80% less energy than trucks.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh Giorgio, what a brilliant post. I love seeing the trains. We don't have them here like you do. I did get to ride the bullet train in Japan. I was so impressed with the cleanliness, the service, and the speed of it. My kids, once again will be in Itally this year and 2 of my brothers will be going in 2025. I will show them this post. Have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Giorgio!
    Very nice pictures.
    Giorgio, I salute you and I wish you a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see you enjoyed my post πŸš‚πŸš‹πŸš‹πŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒ

      Have a nice Sunday, Anna ☀

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed seeing these trains and the tall ship in your last photograph.

    Train journeys can be very relaxing.
    However, at the moment here in the UK some train companies are having strikes and journeys are being interrupted, it doesn't make it easy for people who rely on trains for work!

    I was fortunate to enjoy a good old-fashioned steam train ride last summer ... that was fun.

    Enjoy these last days of January.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would like to travel by old steam train from one place to another. I know a steam train event will took place in Llangollen (Wales) on 20th July this year.
      πŸš‚πŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒ

      Have a nice Sunday ☀️

      Delete
  5. Dear friend Giorgio! I am glad you've returned home. I hope you are OK and your family is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family is in good shape, Irina. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. long time didn't ride train.... miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't undestood why railroad travel is so unpopular in the US.

      Delete
    2. we use cars and planes to travel....

      Delete
    3. Actually, highways are very good in the US.

      Delete
  7. Lindos trenes. Me gusta el velero. Ten una buena semana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing your photos I was wondering how it is possible that a "Frecciarossa" the fastest train in Italy, often arrives late covering middle distances when it had to reach them early

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had quite the journey and captured some fascinating moments along the way! The contrast between the modern high-speed trains and the slower, more traditional ones is striking. And that tall ship must have been a majestic sight!

    Happy Friday, Giorgio!

    ReplyDelete